I’m going to reveal the secret to the world’s best sugar cookies. Forget everything else you’ve been told. Ready? Buy some bourbon smoked sugar. Do it. It will be the best decision you’ve made all year. Mouth Foods offers a nice one that we’ve been using in everything from sweet barbecue sauces to hot drinks, and it also happens to be the key to making the sugar cookie that makes all other sugar cookies ashamed of themselves.
What’s more, the secret to using the bourbon smoked sugar is easy. It may sound like an intimidating ingredient, but all you need to do is sprinkle some of this bad boy on top of your cookies (along with a dash of cinnamon) before popping them in the oven. And your cookies will transcend to a new level of delicious.
In case you’re in need of a good, old-fashioned sugar cookie recipe, here’s our favorite!
What You Need:
2 1/2 C Flour
1 C White Sugar
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Coarse Salt
3/4 C Softened Butter
1 Tsp Vanilla
What You Do:
1. Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugar with a mixer. Beat in egg and vanilla.
3. Add dry ingredients to your butter and sugar mix.
4. Roll out dough. Cut out shapes with cookie cutters. Or if you’re us, and all your cookie cutters are Halloween-themed, you can use a drinking glass to cut out circles.
5. Place cut-outs on ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bourbon smoked sugar.
6. Put in oven at 375 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes.
Enjoy these babies with a large glass of milk while they’re still warm. Cheers!
Just when I thought I was having enough sugar with chocolate!! 🙂 sounds delish!